Ideally, you and your better half are treating each other well. Not certain if that is the situation? Make a stride once more from the bewildering vibe of being impressed you and consider whether your relationship has these qualities:
- Shared regard. Does he or she get how awesome you are and why? Ensure your BF or GF is into you for your identity. Does your accomplice listen when you say you’re not happy with accomplishing something and after that back off immediately? Regard in a relationship implies that every individual values the other and comprehends — and could never challenge — the other individual’s limits.
- Trust. You’re conversing with a person from French class and your beau strolls by. Does he totally lose his cool or continue strolling in light of the fact that he knows you’d never undermine him? It’s OK to get somewhat envious some of the time — envy is a characteristic feeling. Be that as it may, how a man responds when feeling envious is what makes a difference. It is highly unlikely you can have a solid relationship in the event that you don’t believe each other.
- Genuineness. This one runs as an inseparable unit with trust since it’s hard to trust somebody when one of you isn’t being straightforward. Have you at any point gotten your better half in a noteworthy lie? Like she revealed to you that she needed to chip away at Friday night yet it turned out she was at the motion pictures with her companions? Whenever she says she needs to work, you’ll have significantly more inconvenience trusting her and the trust will be in dangerous territory.
- Bolster. It’s not simply in terrible circumstances that your accomplice ought to bolster you. A few people are extraordinary when your entire world is breaking apart yet not that inspired by finding out about the great things throughout your life. In a sound relationship, your loved one is there with a comfort in times of dire need when you discover your folks are getting separated and to celebrate with you when you get the lead in a play.
- Decency/uniformity. You need give-and-take in your relationship. Do you alternate picking which new motion picture to see? As a couple, do you hang out with your accomplice’s companions as frequently as you hang out with yours? You’ll know whether it isn’t a truly reasonable adjust. Things get awful truly quick when a relationship transforms into a power battle, with one individual battling to get his or her way constantly.
- Isolate personalities. In a sound relationship, everybody needs to make bargains. Be that as it may, that doesn’t mean you ought to feel like you’re missing out on acting naturally. When you began going out, you both had your own particular lives (families, companions, interests, leisure activities, and so on.) and that shouldn’t change. Neither of you ought to need to put on a show to like something you don’t, or surrender seeing your companions, or drop out of exercises you cherish. What’s more, you additionally ought to don’t hesitate to continue growing new abilities or interests, making new companions, and pushing ahead.
- Great correspondence. Could you converse with each other and share sentiments that are essential to you? Try not to keep sentiments suppressed in light of the fact that you’re perplexed it’s not what your BF or GF needs to listen. Furthermore, on the off chance that you require some an opportunity to think something through before you’re prepared to discuss it, the correct individual will give you some space.
A relationship is undesirable when it includes mean, ill bred, controlling, or damaging conduct. A few people live in homes with guardians who battle a ton or manhandle each other — inwardly, verbally, or physically. For a few people who have grown up around this sort of conduct it can practically appear to be ordinary or OK. It’s most certainly not!
A large portion of us gain from watching and mirroring the general population near us. So somebody who has lived around vicious or insolent conduct might not have figured out how to treat others with consideration and regard or how to expect a similar treatment.
Qualities like graciousness and regard are outright prerequisites for a solid relationship. Somebody who doesn’t yet have this part down may need to chip away at it with a prepared advisor before he or she is prepared for a relationship.
In the interim, despite the fact that you may feel awful or feel for somebody who’s been abused, you have to deal with yourself — it’s not beneficial to remain in a relationship that includes harsh conduct of any sort.
Deanger Signs in Relationship!!
At the point when a beau or sweetheart uses verbal put-down, mean dialect, terrible putdowns, gets physical by hitting or slapping, or drives somebody into sexual action, it’s an indication of verbal, enthusiastic, or physical mishandle.
Ask yourself, does my sweetheart or sweetheart:
get furious when I don’t drop everything for him or her?
reprimand the way I look or dress, and say I’ll never have the capacity to discover any other individual who might date me?
shield me from seeing companions or from conversing with different folks or young ladies?
need me to stop a movement, despite the fact that I adore it?
ever raise a hand when irate, similar to he or she is going to hit me?
These aren’t simply the main inquiries you can inquire. On the off chance that you can think about any route in which your beau or sweetheart is attempting to control you, make you feel awful about yourself, seclude you from whatever remains of your reality, or — this is a major one — hurt you physically or sexually, then it’s an ideal opportunity to get out, quick. Tell a trusted companion or relative what’s happening and ensure you’re protected.
It can entice to rationalize or confuse viciousness, possessiveness, or outrage as a declaration of adoration. In any case, regardless of the possibility that you realize that the individual harming you cherishes you, it is not beneficial. Nobody should be hit, pushed, or constrained into anything they would prefer not to do.
Why Are Some Relationships So Difficult?
Ever heard about how it’s hard for someone to love you when you don’t love yourself? It’s a big relationship roadblock when one or both people struggle with self-esteem problems. Your girlfriend or boyfriend isn’t there to make you feel good about yourself if you can’t do that on your own. Focus on being happy with yourself, and don’t take on the responsibility of worrying about someone else’s happiness.
What if you feel that your girlfriend or boyfriend needs too much from you? If the relationship feels like a burden or a drag instead of a joy, it might be time to think about whether it’s a healthy match for you. Someone who’s not happy or secure may have trouble being a healthy relationship partner.
Also, intense relationships can be hard for some teens. Some are so focused on their own developing feelings and responsibilities that they don’t have the emotional energy it takes to respond to someone else’s feelings and needs in a close relationship. Don’t worry if you’re just not ready yet. You will be, and you can take all the time you need.
Ever notice that some teen relationships don’t last very long? It’s no wonder — you’re both still growing and changing every day. You might seem perfect for each other at first, but that can change. If you try to hold on to the relationship anyway, there’s a good chance it will turn sour. Better to part as friends than to stay in something that you’ve outgrown or that no longer feels right for one or both of you. And before you go looking for amour from that hottie from French class, respect your current beau by breaking things off before you make your move.
Relationships can be full of fun, romance, excitement, intense feelings, and occasional heartache, too. Whether you’re single or in a relationship, remember that it’s good to be choosy about who you get close to. If you’re still waiting, take your time and get to know plenty of people.
Think about the qualities you value in a friendship and see how they match up with the ingredients of a healthy relationship. Work on developing those good qualities in yourself — they make you a lot more attractive to others. And if you’re already part of a pair, make sure the relationship you’re in brings out the best in both of you.
Building Healthy Relationships. University of Wisconsin-Eua Claire Counseling Services. Available at:http://www.uwec.edu/Counsel/pubs/selfhelp/bhr.htm. Accessed on: February 12, 2013.
Gottman’s Relationship Tips 101. The Gottman Institute. Available at: http://www.gottman.com/49804/Self-Help-and-Tips.html. Accessed on: February 12, 2013.
Healthy Relationships. The University Health Center, University of Georgia. Available at: http://www.uhs.uga.edu/CAPS/relationships.html. Accessed on: March 30, 2009.
Fair Fighting: The Art of Managing Differences in Intimate Relationships. University of Florida Division of Student Affairs. Available at:http://www.counseling.ufl.edu/cwc/fair-fighting-in-intimate-relationships.aspx. Accessed on: February 12, 2013.
Ten Tips for Healthy Relationships. K-State Counseling Services. Kansas State University. Available at: http://www.k-state.edu/counseling/topics/relationships/relatn.html. Accessed on: March 30, 2009.
Wellness Tips, Fair Fighting Rules. Southwest Institute for Addictive Diseases. Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. Available at:http://www.ttuhsc.edu/centers/SWIAD/eap/wellness/fairfight.aspx. Accessed on: March 30, 2009.